- Calcium, serum test is also known as total calcium or ionized calcium test.
- This test helps to screen for, diagnose, and monitor a range of medical conditions.
- The Calcium, serum test is done:
- As a part of a routine metabolic panel
- In case of symptoms of disorders of kidneys, bones, thyroid, parathyroid, or nerves
- In case of symptoms of increased or decreased calcium concentrations
- To monitor the levels of ionized calcium
- To evaluate the effectiveness of treatment for abnormal calcium level