- Total Beta-HCG test is also known as the b-hCG or Beta Human Chorionic Gonadotropin test. This test is also known as the Pregnancy test. It measures the levels of Beta-HCG in the blood. Beta-HCG is produced by the cells of the developing placenta normally during pregnancy. High levels of Beta-HCG can be noted in the case of certain tumors such as cancers.
- The Beta-HCG is done
- To confirm a pregnancy
- To diagnose pregnancy in abnormal location (Ectopic pregnancy)
- To screen for genetic diseases like Down’s syndrome and Trisomy 18 in the first trimester
- To diagnose diseases such as Gestational Trophoblastic Disease (GTD)
- To diagnose tumors such as Teratomas, Testicular tumors, Ovarian germ cell tumors
All age Group
No Special Preparation Required
There are no reviews yet.